Good old-fashioned summer fun. I felt like I took a time machine back to 1965 for a Saturday matinee or, even earlier, to a drive-in wearing my footie pajamas. Writer/Director J.J. Abrams, co-creator of Lost, brings brings us a throwback to Steven Spielberg’s early days of Jaws, E.T. and Close Encounters and Rob Reiner’s Stand By Me (although I wasn’t wearing my footie pajamas for those). They just don’t make movies like this anymore. An excellent performance by Elle Fanning will have 15 year-old boys everywhere falling in love and prospective directors eager to cast her next project. After Woody’s Midnight in Paris last week, summer movies are off to a great start.
Find the Old Posts
- @KarenBassTweets twitter.com/eannunz/status… 2 days ago
- @nicolesandler @RepKatiePorter Karen Bass 2 days ago
- RT @davidaxelrod: One thing we know is that @JoeBiden is a man of deep faith, which is what allowed him to survive unthinkable tragedies in… 1 week ago
- instagram.com/p/CDeG40vHpQG/… 1 week ago
- RT @JohnWDean: Time for UPS, Amazon, FedEx and other national delivery services to step up and design a supplemental system to the US Posta… 1 week ago