Good old-fashioned summer fun. I felt like I took a time machine back to 1965 for a Saturday matinee or, even earlier, to a drive-in wearing my footie pajamas. Writer/Director J.J. Abrams, co-creator of Lost, brings brings us a throwback to Steven Spielberg’s early days of Jaws, E.T. and Close Encounters and Rob Reiner’s Stand By Me (although I wasn’t wearing my footie pajamas for those). They just don’t make movies like this anymore. An excellent performance by Elle Fanning will have 15 year-old boys everywhere falling in love and prospective directors eager to cast her next project. After Woody’s Midnight in Paris last week, summer movies are off to a great start.
Find the Old Posts
- @SenWarren https://t.co/xKmeIgXp67 1 month ago
- @MSNBC @JoeNBC https://t.co/OKwt4wo01K 1 month ago
- @JoeNBC https://t.co/N89K5Pxcs4 1 month ago
- @JoeNBC https://t.co/LDlMziE7z4 1 month ago
- @JoeNBC @morningmika @WSJ https://t.co/qxYTzB8PoR 1 month ago