Our house is filled with knick knacks. No surface area is left barren. Shelves, coffee tables, end tables–all covered with mementos, keepsakes, souvenirs, ceramics, and antiques (other people’s old junk). We’ve got Majolica ceramic monkeys, scores of tartan accessories, ivory combs, Limoges porcelain, Halcyon Days collectibles and faded old photographs in antique picture frames. For years we’ve proudly displayed a picture of a rugged-looking peasant couple dressed in traditional garb apparently from Eastern Europe. My wife thought they were my ancestors. I thought they were hers. None of our parents know who they are. Nevertheless, it’s a cool photo, so it’s still kept its pride of place among our family photos. Generally speaking, knick knacks can be defined as useless stuff that my wife thinks is cool. Stuff that I think is cool would be called crap.
Find the Old Posts
- Let’s get #AmyMcGrath on #MSNBC ASAP #BrianWilliams #NicolleWallace #RachelMaddow #JoyReid #MorningJoe 5 days ago
- @JenGRodgers Done 5 days ago
- @SenTedCruz @realDonaldTrump Asshole 5 days ago
- RT @AmyMcGrathKY: (3/3) I'll save the political rhetoric for another day. But I want Kentuckians to know: if the "McConnell Rule" was good… 5 days ago
- RT @joelockhart: Let’s make sure @AmyMcGrathKY raises $10 million in the next 24 hours. 5 days ago