We went pumpkin picking today. Pumpkin picking can be very stressful for someone (me) with an obsessive-compulsive personality. Particularly when doing it with someone (my daughter) who can’t make decisions. For me, anything worth doing is worth overdoing. My daughter can’t decide which pair of pajamas to wear without consulting all her friends. Imagine the two of us in a pumpkin patch looking for the perfect pumpkin. It reminded me of the old Lay’s potato chips ad (“I’ll betcha can’t eat just one”). There were hundreds of pumpkins and gourds to choose from. They were heavy, covered with mud and slugs and spread over acres. There was a Yankee playoff game looming at 3pm. She couldn’t decide. I wanted them all. We bought a lot of pumpkins.
Find the Old Posts
- RT @ianbremmer: Give this dog an Olympic medal. https://t.co/tm0wX75pzB 1 week ago
- RT @SInow: Tony Romo, right on the money as per usual go.si.com/x63lH6Z 1 week ago
- RT @louisa_compton: Regardless of whether or not you agree with what he says - so refreshing to hear a football manager speaking so eloquen… 2 weeks ago
- RT @BeII_LetsTaIk: For every 100,000 retweets this gets Bell will donate $5000 towards mental health initiatives. Lets see how much we can… 2 weeks ago
- RT @espn: This @TCUBasketball player thought he was in trouble with the police. Instead, he wound up with a scholarship 🎉 https://t.co/Qf… 1 month ago