I ate dinner at 5:30pm today. No, not afternoon tea. Dinner! Yes, I am in Florida, the land of early bird specials. Three courses for $9.95 if you eat before 6pm. Choice of fruit cup or tomato soup, plus roasted chicken, steamed veg and Jello. No worms. And home in time for Wheel of Fortune. You should have seen the madhouse to get a table (somebody should offer a discount for eating after 7pm). Reminded me of the scrum at the jewelry counter at Fortunoff’s thirty years ago. Probably many of the same people. Not to mention the competition for handicapped parking spots. They apparently give handicapped parking stickers away for free down here. Sorry, gotta go. It’s getting late….. and I’m getting hungry.
Find the Old Posts
- @davidaxelrod Mike Piazza .... https://t.co/yzURvQQgv4 1 month ago
- @CillizzaCNN Mike Piazza? 1 month ago
- I enjoy quality, ad-free sports coverage on The Athletic, and you can too! Subscribe to The Athletic with this lin… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 month ago
- RT @PreetBharara: What if Jeff Bezos bought Twitter with the change in his pocket and shut Trump's account? 1 month ago
- RT @Mets: An emotional Keith Hernandez talks about his dear friend, Rusty Staub. #RIPRusty https://t.co/JnnlSvmV4o 1 month ago