- The Palm, 94 Main St, East Hampton: My favorite, a Hamptons tradition managed forever by Tomas Romano, world’s best veal parmigiana, share a side of half and half fried onion rings and cottage fries, great cheese cake, humongous slices of decadent chocolate cake;
- Mirkos, Water Mill Square, Water Mill: Croatian chef, ‘adult’ ambiance (my parents’ favorite), patio dining, excellent stuffed cabbage, succotash, mushroom hash, fruit crumble, homemade fresh fruit sorbets;
- Robert’s, 755 Montauk Highway, Water Mill: My preference for upscale Italian over the scene at Nick and Toni’s in East Hampton, creative menu with high quality ingredients in a quaint old renovated farmhouse;
- Bobby Van’s, Montauk Highway, Bridgehampton: The heart of Bridgehampton nightlife for over 30 years, perfect for Friday night straight off the Jitney, diverse menu complements great steaks and chops, also excellent lunch salads; and
- red bar brasserie, 210 Hampton Road, Southampton: Excellent Long Island duck and fresh fish, creative menu, charming old house, plenty of buzz.