Good old-fashioned summer fun. I felt like I took a time machine back to 1965 for a Saturday matinee or, even earlier, to a drive-in wearing my footie pajamas. Writer/Director J.J. Abrams, co-creator of Lost, brings brings us a throwback to Steven Spielberg’s early days of Jaws, E.T. and Close Encounters and Rob Reiner’s Stand By Me (although I wasn’t wearing my footie pajamas for those). They just don’t make movies like this anymore. An excellent performance by Elle Fanning will have 15 year-old boys everywhere falling in love and prospective directors eager to cast her next project. After Woody’s Midnight in Paris last week, summer movies are off to a great start.
Find the Old Posts
- facebook.com/10000034095341… 1 day ago
- A Scathing Ad From The Lincoln Project: Betrayed - News & Guts Media newsandguts.com/video/a-scathi… 5 days ago
- RT @maureendowd: Dedicated to any kid of a good cop... nytimes.com/2020/06/20/opi… 2 weeks ago
- @maureendowd I’m a Dad. This made me cry. 2 weeks ago
- https://t.co/zySZVTYyW3 2 weeks ago