Good old-fashioned summer fun. I felt like I took a time machine back to 1965 for a Saturday matinee or, even earlier, to a drive-in wearing my footie pajamas. Writer/Director J.J. Abrams, co-creator of Lost, brings brings us a throwback to Steven Spielberg’s early days of Jaws, E.T. and Close Encounters and Rob Reiner’s Stand By Me (although I wasn’t wearing my footie pajamas for those). They just don’t make movies like this anymore. An excellent performance by Elle Fanning will have 15 year-old boys everywhere falling in love and prospective directors eager to cast her next project. After Woody’s Midnight in Paris last week, summer movies are off to a great start.
Find the Old Posts
- BOYCOTT WALMART (and any other retailer that sells guns). You have the power to effect change. Do it. And pass it f… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 week ago
- nytimes.com/2019/08/05/bus… via @NYTimes 1 week ago
- RT @ProudResister: Trump supporter gets out of his truck and punches a protestor outside of the Trump Klan rally at the US Bank Arena in Oh… 2 weeks ago
- RT @keithboykin: 29-year-old Dallas Frazier has been charged with assault for punching a 61-year-old anti-Trump protester outside Trump’s C… 2 weeks ago
- RT @Noahsyndergaard: “Hey everyone, players only meeting in 5 min” https://t.co/88PTPXiyDA 2 weeks ago