Good old-fashioned summer fun. I felt like I took a time machine back to 1965 for a Saturday matinee or, even earlier, to a drive-in wearing my footie pajamas. Writer/Director J.J. Abrams, co-creator of Lost, brings brings us a throwback to Steven Spielberg’s early days of Jaws, E.T. and Close Encounters and Rob Reiner’s Stand By Me (although I wasn’t wearing my footie pajamas for those). They just don’t make movies like this anymore. An excellent performance by Elle Fanning will have 15 year-old boys everywhere falling in love and prospective directors eager to cast her next project. After Woody’s Midnight in Paris last week, summer movies are off to a great start.
Find the Old Posts
- RT @neal_katyal: They did. You blocked the witnesses and documents. twitter.com/realDonaldTrum… 3 weeks ago
- RT @RepPaulMitchell: John Dingell was a well-respected man & I consider Debbie a close colleague and friend. To use his name in such a dish… 4 weeks ago
- RT @matthewjdowd: Tulsi Gabbard just made about the worst decision you can make in this important moment in history. She voted Present. N… 4 weeks ago
- RT @RepDebDingell: Mr. President, let’s set politics aside. My husband earned all his accolades after a lifetime of service. I’m preparing… 4 weeks ago
- Dedicated Americans Protecting Democracy | The Lincoln Project lincolnproject.us 1 month ago