Good old-fashioned summer fun. I felt like I took a time machine back to 1965 for a Saturday matinee or, even earlier, to a drive-in wearing my footie pajamas. Writer/Director J.J. Abrams, co-creator of Lost, brings brings us a throwback to Steven Spielberg’s early days of Jaws, E.T. and Close Encounters and Rob Reiner’s Stand By Me (although I wasn’t wearing my footie pajamas for those). They just don’t make movies like this anymore. An excellent performance by Elle Fanning will have 15 year-old boys everywhere falling in love and prospective directors eager to cast her next project. After Woody’s Midnight in Paris last week, summer movies are off to a great start.
Find the Old Posts
- RT @McFaul: If Trump can’t negotiate a deal on milk with one of our closest allies, how is he going to get a deal on nuclear disarmament wi… 2 months ago
- RT @GuildHall: Ben and Bonnie Krupinski who passed away yesterday were two of the greatest silent contributors to our community. Every repa… 2 months ago
- Fast Eddie: The Next Generation 2 months ago
- @davidaxelrod Mike Piazza .... https://t.co/yzURvQQgv4 4 months ago
- @CillizzaCNN Mike Piazza? 4 months ago