Good old-fashioned summer fun. I felt like I took a time machine back to 1965 for a Saturday matinee or, even earlier, to a drive-in wearing my footie pajamas. Writer/Director J.J. Abrams, co-creator of Lost, brings brings us a throwback to Steven Spielberg’s early days of Jaws, E.T. and Close Encounters and Rob Reiner’s Stand By Me (although I wasn’t wearing my footie pajamas for those). They just don’t make movies like this anymore. An excellent performance by Elle Fanning will have 15 year-old boys everywhere falling in love and prospective directors eager to cast her next project. After Woody’s Midnight in Paris last week, summer movies are off to a great start.
Find the Old Posts
- RT @ianbremmer: Give this dog an Olympic medal. https://t.co/tm0wX75pzB 1 week ago
- RT @SInow: Tony Romo, right on the money as per usual go.si.com/x63lH6Z 1 week ago
- RT @louisa_compton: Regardless of whether or not you agree with what he says - so refreshing to hear a football manager speaking so eloquen… 2 weeks ago
- RT @BeII_LetsTaIk: For every 100,000 retweets this gets Bell will donate $5000 towards mental health initiatives. Lets see how much we can… 2 weeks ago
- RT @espn: This @TCUBasketball player thought he was in trouble with the police. Instead, he wound up with a scholarship 🎉 https://t.co/Qf… 1 month ago