They used to call me Turtle. I probably shouldn’t be telling you. It’s been buried for a long time. It was long before Fast Eddie. But one of my old friends from summer camp reminded me recently and it made me smile, so I felt compelled to fess up and share it with all of you. It was a summer camp nickname that referred to a few distinctive traits from that era. First of all (there will be a second of all), I wore a crew cut (which looked quite similar to my current haircut). Second of all (there, see), I had a hook nose (and still do). Finally, and most significantly, I could lie on my back and wrap both feet behind my head, creating the look of a turtle shell. This, needless to say, I can no longer do. There you have it. Have fun. I am ready for the abuse.
Find the Old Posts
- @davidaxelrod Mike Piazza .... https://t.co/yzURvQQgv4 1 month ago
- @CillizzaCNN Mike Piazza? 1 month ago
- I enjoy quality, ad-free sports coverage on The Athletic, and you can too! Subscribe to The Athletic with this lin… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 month ago
- RT @PreetBharara: What if Jeff Bezos bought Twitter with the change in his pocket and shut Trump's account? 1 month ago
- RT @Mets: An emotional Keith Hernandez talks about his dear friend, Rusty Staub. #RIPRusty https://t.co/JnnlSvmV4o 1 month ago