They used to call me Turtle. I probably shouldn’t be telling you. It’s been buried for a long time. It was long before Fast Eddie. But one of my old friends from summer camp reminded me recently and it made me smile, so I felt compelled to fess up and share it with all of you. It was a summer camp nickname that referred to a few distinctive traits from that era. First of all (there will be a second of all), I wore a crew cut (which looked quite similar to my current haircut). Second of all (there, see), I had a hook nose (and still do). Finally, and most significantly, I could lie on my back and wrap both feet behind my head, creating the look of a turtle shell. This, needless to say, I can no longer do. There you have it. Have fun. I am ready for the abuse.
Find the Old Posts
- RT @ianbremmer: Give this dog an Olympic medal. https://t.co/tm0wX75pzB 1 week ago
- RT @SInow: Tony Romo, right on the money as per usual go.si.com/x63lH6Z 1 week ago
- RT @louisa_compton: Regardless of whether or not you agree with what he says - so refreshing to hear a football manager speaking so eloquen… 2 weeks ago
- RT @BeII_LetsTaIk: For every 100,000 retweets this gets Bell will donate $5000 towards mental health initiatives. Lets see how much we can… 2 weeks ago
- RT @espn: This @TCUBasketball player thought he was in trouble with the police. Instead, he wound up with a scholarship 🎉 https://t.co/Qf… 1 month ago