Is it OK to love two months? Does that make me a calendulterer? Will September ever forgive me (see Summer’s Best Kept Secret), if I admit that I love October more? October brings the Major League Baseball playoffs and World Series, the fresh spirit of my local high school football team, weekend morning rendezvous with Fox Soccer Channel to keep up with my Chelsea Blues, Sundays with the NFL and, this year, the Rugby World Cup. October brings the Hamptons International Film Festival, apple pie and cider, hearty vegetable soup, carving pumpkins and kids jumping in piles of leaves. October brings bike rides in crisp clear autumn air, walks on wind-swept vacant beaches, and brisk kayak rides at dusk or daybreak. October brings a deserted golf course just for me. October brings Halloween. And October brings a vibrant palette of yellows, reds, and oranges bursting from a background filled with hundreds of shades of green. Sorry September, it’s time to move on. I love October.
Find the Old Posts
- RT @ianbremmer: Give this dog an Olympic medal. https://t.co/tm0wX75pzB 1 week ago
- RT @SInow: Tony Romo, right on the money as per usual go.si.com/x63lH6Z 1 week ago
- RT @louisa_compton: Regardless of whether or not you agree with what he says - so refreshing to hear a football manager speaking so eloquen… 2 weeks ago
- RT @BeII_LetsTaIk: For every 100,000 retweets this gets Bell will donate $5000 towards mental health initiatives. Lets see how much we can… 2 weeks ago
- RT @espn: This @TCUBasketball player thought he was in trouble with the police. Instead, he wound up with a scholarship 🎉 https://t.co/Qf… 1 month ago